Written by Administrator
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Come out for Inwood's first Harvest Festival this Sat., Oct. 20th at Inwood Hill Park at 218th Street and Indian Road.
The fun-filled day will kick off at 11 a.m. and run until 2:00 p.m.
All families, children and volunteers are welcome.
The early fall season is a time of plenty and many cultures celebrate the end of the harvest season with festivities and food.
- Local FDNY at 11 a.m.
- Kids Race (foot race, relay race, scooter & bike race)
- Games (football toss, T-ball, obstacle course)
- Pumpkin Bowling
- Arts & Crafts
- Astronomy (courtesy of Inwood Astronomy Project)
- Apple Tasting (courtesy of Samascott Orchards)
- Vegetable Tasting
- It's My Park Day leaf cleanup
- Music Time
- Knitting Circle
- Story Time (courtesy of Inwood Library)
- Bake-off contest with local judges
- Raffle (donations go toward the Indian Road Playground Sand Fund)
- Inwood Chess
- Head over to Columbia's Baker Field for the Homecoming Game afterwards. There is a kids carnival on site.
Residents are also invited to volunteer for set up, to help kids with activities, and clean up.
For more information, please visit Friends of Indian Road Playground at www.firp.org.